Get your taxes prepared then you could get a Refund Advance of up to $1,250Disclaimer number *. Scrolls to disclaimer.
You could get an advance on your refund of up to $1,250 after you file your taxesDisclaimer number +. Scrolls to disclaimer.. It’s a 0% interest loan. And it’s available for a limited time starting January 9th.
Here’s how it works
After you have your taxes prepared in a participating H&R Block office, you complete the application.
If approved, you will receive a text or email with the loan amount, typically within 24 hours.
*This is an optional tax refund-related loan from MetaBank®, not your tax refund. Loans offered in amounts of $500, $750, or $1,250. +Approval and loan amount based on estimated refund, ID verification, eligibility criteria, and underwriting. If approved, funds will be loaded on a prepaid card and the loan amount will be deducted from your refund reducing the amount paid directly to you. Tax returns may be e-filed without applying for this loan. Fees for other optional products or product features may apply. Limited time offer, at participating locations. Not offered in PR. HRB Maine License Number FRA2.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Refund Advance?
- The Refund Advance is a no-interest loan that is repaid through your tax refund. It is offered to H&R Block clients by MetaBank® and available in three amounts ($500, $750, $1,250). It is not your tax refund.
- When is the Refund Advance available?
- The Refund Advance will be available in participating H&R Block offices beginning January 9th, for a limited time.
- How much does it cost?
- The Refund Advance is a no-interest loan. There are no finance charges and no interest charged for the Refund Advance.
- What is the process to get the Refund Advance?
- It’s simple! Have your taxes prepared by one of our tax professionals in a participating H&R Block office. Tell your tax pro that you want to apply for the Refund Advance. Complete the application. If approved, MetaBank® will notify you with the approved loan amount.
- How quickly will I get the money if I am approved?
- In most cases, the funds will be available within 24 hours after you apply for the Refund Advance.
- How do I get the money if I am approved?
- The Refund Advance will be placed on the award-winning H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard®. Learn more about the Emerald Card® Disclaimer number 1. Scrolls to disclaimer. here.
- How do I repay the Refund Advance if I am approved?
- The Refund Advance can be repaid via the method you selected at the time of tax preparation. These methods include:
- Refund TransferDisclaimer number 2. Scrolls to disclaimer. – The loan will be repaid from your Refund Account, along with tax preparation fees and other amounts you authorize. The remaining funds will be delivered via the disbursement method chosen during tax preparation – Emerald Card, Direct Deposit or Check. (It is not required to purchase a Refund Transfer to apply for or receive the Refund Advance; it is entirely optional.)
- Emerald CardDisclaimer number 1. Scrolls to disclaimer. – You can direct the loan to be repaid from your refund and the remaining amount will be placed on your Emerald Card.
- What are the approval criteria for the Refund Advance?
- To be approved, you must file your return in a participating H&R Block office, be owed a tax refund from the IRS, meet certain eligibility requirements including identity verification and pass the standard underwriting criteria.
- Do I have to go into an office to get the Refund Advance, or can I apply online?
- You must have your taxes prepared in a participating H&R Block office to apply for the Refund Advance.
- Will the Refund Advance speed up my refund?
- No, the Refund Advance will not speed up or delay your refund in any way.
You’re going to be happy. We guarantee it.
Maximum Refund Guarantee
If you discover an H&R Block error on your return that entitles you to a larger refund (or smaller tax liability), we'll refund the tax prep fee for that return and file an amended return at no additional charge. Refund claims must be made during 2017.
The H&R Block Guarantee
If H&R Block makes an error on your return, we’ll pay resulting penalties and interest.
We’re so certain you’ll be satisfied with the tax preparation services at our offices, you only pay us if you accept your returnDisclaimer number 3. Scrolls to disclaimer..